Mar 18, 2015
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Temple University Main Campus Student Center
The second annual Disability and Change Symposium will explore the following questions:
- Who is included in disability rights?
- How can social movements work to change attitudes as well as laws and policies that are disabling/enabling in the lives of people with disabilities?
- Where have disabled people and their advocates been successful in envisioning such changes across different types of disability, and where has it proved necessary for different disability communities to chart different types of approaches?
- How do the fault lines of race, gender, economics and culture operate in various disability communities—and how can an understanding of their intersections help to form more effective movements for change?
- How do ideas of disability and normalcy shape our understanding of what types of changes are desirable—or even possible?
For more information, email the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University: firstname.lastname@example.org or go to: http://www.temple.edu/instituteondisabilities/programs/ifc/symposium2015.shtml